Thursday, July 17, 2008

Shakespeare (and Me) in Love

Hot at last. Over 80 in the shade. Inside the house is slightly cooler. Need to head for the beach soon.

I just completed a novel that I didn't want to read: The Bourne Legacy, by Eric v Lustbader, taking Robert Ludlum's character Jason Bourne and extending his adventures. Although very professionally done, in research on the different foreign locales and in the hand-to-hand combat and in the many deaths, I was unmoved by any of the characters or events.

I also read the script for SHAKESPEARE IN LOVE and it reminded me how much I love that movie. Need to watch it again. Strange to me that several of the women in my life don't find it compelling.

Grandkids coming this weekend for a week's stay. We'll put them in a camp for the mornings and in the afternoons hope to take them to the beach, finish up with supper, a ride on the Flying Horses, ice cream and... bed!

No comments: