Saturday, May 31, 2008

My Graphic Novels Presentation





I just got home after making a Keynote (Macintosh version of PowerPoint) presentation at the Oak Bluffs library, on graphic novels. I've been researching this since about January and so I feel a sense of completion, asking myself 'what next?' 
The research was fun and interesting. I presented a variety of different works by different artists, but definitely made my favorites known. About 15 people attended and the library provided snacks and drinks. 
I had some technical issues to overcome. This was my first time using a projector; I *thought* I knew what to do, but surprises popped up and I had to handle them. 
Also a page from a Donald Duck comic. And another cover of a Korean manga. And one of The Rabbi's Cat, which is the best of the lot in my humble opinion (IMHO) and very encouraging to me when I begin my own graphic novel. More later...



No comments: