Thursday, August 7, 2008

Watchmen

Continuing my quest to read more graphic novels before I begin my own, I just finished Watchmen, a graphic novel by Alan Moore. Moore also authored V for Vendetta, and these two confirm me in determining that I shall never again read anything by him.  His work is filthy, degraded, bloody, amoral... I don't like it. 

But let me explain a bit more. Imagine a Quentin Tarantino movie with even more emphasis on blood, monotonous conversations, boredom broken by violent action in which nobody, NOBODY is safe from a horrible death.  And a twisted ending (as different from an ending with a twist) is mandatory.

However, I'm getting closer to starting my own graphic novel. This week I submitted portions of two separate novels to editors and agents. Waiting for their responses gives me time to think about doing my own graphic novel--writing and drawing it. Once I begin, I'll post pictures on this blog.




No comments: